Monday, January 31, 2011

Gettin' Crafty: Heart-Shaped Zippered Pouches

This is the first post that will let you in on a little secret:  I like to make things.  If a needle is involved, I probably either know how to do it, or would like to learn.  I come from a long line of crafty women, and I am proud of that.  Some traditions just shouldn't be left behind! :-)

So, my first crafty post is in honor of one of my favorite holidays - Valentine's Day.  I know, the greeting card companies are in cahoots with chocolatiers and rose growers, but the hopeless romantic in me still gets a little dreamy-eyed in February.

I saw this pattern on The Purl Bee and, even though my house is drenched in testosterone, I had to "get my girl on" and make these.  The link above takes you straight to the pattern if you're interested - it's FREE!

It's pretty easy.  Cut out two heart shapes, draw your sewing lines, pin them together right sides facing...


sew in your zipper (this is my first zipper ever, by the way - I'm excited!)...


sew up the other side, including the handle, turn it inside out and VIOLA!


Heart-Shaped Zippered Pouches!!

Obviously, these would be great for candy conversation hearts or a few pieces of chocolate, but I also think they would be great to store jewelry in while traveling, or as a mini-makeup bag in your purse.

I want to challenge you today to go create something.  I don't care if you're thirtysomething and you make a macaroni necklace - just go be creative!  Take some photos, draw a picture, write a poem, knit a hat, crochet some granny squares, whip up a mini-quilt, (find something interesting?), make your own crayons, build something out of popsicle sticks - ANYTHING!  Then come back here and share what you made in the Mr. Linky below or leave a comment, OK?  I can't wait to see all your creativity!!

Now GO GET CRAFTY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...