Saturday, January 1, 2011

Brand Spankin' New


New


Today's buzzword.  New year, new decade, new beginning.

Something about the word "new" just makes people feel better.  Hopeful, even.  I think the dictionary should list that as a synonym for new, don't you?

That's how I want you to feel after visiting The Daily Do-Over - hopeful.

My prayer is that this will be a place to get reNEWed when you've had it up to there. 

Got working mommy guilt? 
Hi there.  Come on in.

Marriage troubles? 
Have a seat.

Kids driving you nuts? 
I'm with you, sister!

Sick of your job? 
Let's talk about it.

Fighting a physical condition? 
Let me pray for you.

In a spiritual battle?
You are SO NOT alone.

In a funk, for no apparent reason? 
You might be my new BFF.

Hopeful.

I pray that's how you'll feel when you realize you get a daily do-over.

What?  You didn't know about that?

Look, let me show you...
  • Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Cor. 5:17
  • Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Ezekiel 18:31
  • See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. Isaiah 65:17
and a segment of scripture for this new season of my own:
"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  Lamentations 3:19-23
New every morning, girls.  Let that soak in for a minute.

I can't wait to talk to you all about this!!!  We'll dive in on the next post...


Welcome to your Daily Do-Over!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...