Friday, March 18, 2011

Five Minute Friday: On Waiting

 


Waiting.  Seems like that's most of my time these days.

Waiting for the work day to end.
Waiting for baseball practice to end.
Waiting for videos to load, homework to be finished.
Waiting for cars to be repaired.
Waiting for college interviews.
Waiting, waiting, waiting.

But there's also a good kind of waiting--waiting for the Lord.

Not so long ago I was in this in-between place of not really knowing what was next: which way to turn, what to do - just kind of stuck.

Now I can say that I think the waiting is about to be over and the action is about to begin.  And when it does, I'll probably start wishing for the quieter days of waiting.:-)

I've been waiting to miss Facebook games, because I gave them up for Lent.  Turns out I didn't need them as badly as I thought, because I don't miss them at all.

I've been waiting for the writing bug to kick back in.  For the most part, it hasn't.

Now I'm waiting for more direction from God.  An idea has grown a bit more each day, and now I'm excited to see where it will go.  Scared, but ready.

I'm tired of waiting.  I'm ready to do.

What are you waiting for today??

And, a few words about Five Minute Friday from Gypsy Mama:

Here’s how the game works: you simply stop, drop and write. Set your words free. Don’t edit them, don’t fret over them, don’t try to make them perfect.

That’s how Five Minute Friday was born. Want to play? It’s fun. And it’s never too late to link up. Also? My friend Sara whipped up a hunky dory button for the occasion! You can grab the code over there in the right side bar. Then:

1. Write for only five minutes.
2. Link back here and invite others to play along.
3. Go high five the word artist who linked up before you with an awesome comment.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...