Saturday, February 5, 2011

I am a walking example of Murphy's Law.

Practices.
Long work days.
Short nights of sleep.
Mountains of aggravations and annoyances.
Short fuses.
Ball games.
Spilled drinks on freshly washed items.
House guests.
Whining.
Sick kids.
Car trouble.

Man, what a week!!  I feel like everything that could go wrong HAS gone wrong.

I like to think I'm a pretty tough ol' country girl, but sometimes I finally hit the wall where I.HAVE.JUST.HAD.ENOUGH.

And I am there.

When I reach that breaking point, I have to take drastic measures to save my sanity.  This weekend, it looks something like this:

Choosing a quilt pattern for these...

deciding how funky I want to get with a few of these for an Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative project (more on this to come)...

and cranking out a few fast and fun Valentine's Day Heart Pins.

When my brain is totally overwhelmed, one escape mechanism I use is to put it in craft mode.  That may not get rid of my house guests or wash my laundry, but it sure does put me in better spirits and allows me to blow off a little steam in a healthy, productive way.

(Or, I could just go cry.  That would probably work too!)

So, between church and the Super Bowl, you will find me diligently working away on at least one of these projects. :-)

I know I'm not the only one who gets stressed out.  So tell me - how do you unwind when you've just had enough??
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...