Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Priority Alzheimer's Quilt: Crazy Love #6544


Well, there it is.  My first quilt for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.  I've been out of the serious crafting loop for a while now, and finally decided to get back in the game.

This little cutie is a Priority quilt, so named because it will fit into a Priority Mail envelope - it's not much bigger than a standard sheet of paper.  This one is called "Crazy Love," and tomorrow it will be mailed to be photographed and loaded onto the AAQI site.  Once it's there, it will either be put up for sale, or chosen for the next monthly auction.

Either way, the proceeds will be donated to Alzheimer's research through AAQI.  I may not be able to cure dad from Alzheimer's disease, but maybe a few dollars here and there will add up and make a difference one day for someone's else's dad.  Or wife.  Or brother.  Or aunt.

Will you help me?  I'd be grateful if you'd consider sharing the web site on your blog, or even bidding in the current auction.  (I'm sure donations would be greatly appreciated, too!)

This will be a regular feature here at The Daily Do-Over, since I pledged to make or buy a quilt a month, and also to raise $1000 through my quilts for the organization.

That will be a lot of stitches!  But it's for a good cause and will be worth every penny.

I sure hope you'll join me in spreading the word!!  (And maybe some ideas for future quilts.  I've got my work cut out for me!)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...